This particular model has a flange opening of 14mm which allows an I-beam flange of up to 13 mm – 1/2 inch to sit comfortably. We also have a version that goes up to 25 mm – 1″ and if you work in the nuclear industry, you might even need a bigger one, contact us if that is the case.
The Uru beam clamp has two anchor points that can be used simultaneously, although for rope access purposes it remains one system.
We also added M6 bolts that can be hand-tightened to help the beam clamp stay in place. It is not to be used separately from each other without the strap connecting them both. You can use the beam clamp with the bolts and we suggest you take precautions not to drop the bolts by mistake if they are not being used. If this can happen, remove them before use.
The Uru beam clamp can also be used vertically, we suggest using a sling to tie into both anchor points if you are going to use the beam clamp for vertical lifeline systems. We do not recommend the beam clamp to be used for vertical aid climbing as this has not been tested.
- Weight: 300 grams / 10.6 ounces
- Material: Aluminium with polyester strap.
- Flange size: Up to 13 mm / 1/2 inch
- MBS (1 point): 15 kN – 3600 lb
- MBS (2 point): 22 kN – 5000 lb
- Height of Beam Clamp: 62 mm / 2 7/16 inch
- Min./Max. Flange width: 15 cm / 6 inch – 30 cm / 12 inch