All the components in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each Lite Alloy carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory.
If you want a carabiner that will outlast all your other gear (unless also made by SMC) and which may be counted on to perform just as well aft er 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it then you need to accept nothing less than an SMC Lite Alloy.
Available in Bright or Black zinc plated finish for tactical operations.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL Certified to meet NFPA 1983 “G” General Use.
- Manufactured using high-quality alloy steel.
- Unique “hybrid” design utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- The sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate, not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Made in the USA.
Model #: NFPA100001
Material: Steel Alloy
Finish: Zinc Plated
Dimensions: 4.52″ x 2.76″
Gate opening: 0.94”
Weight: 6.6 oz (187g)
3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 45kN (10,116 lbf)
- Minor axis– 12kN (2,697 lbf)
- Gate open– 11kN (2,473 lbf)
Made In USA